Thursday, November 19, 2009

W2 Wednesday Wine Tasting...


Our Wednesday wine was bought in a wine cellar in Banff...our W2 comment was, well it's not top shelf but nice if you have had wine before hand. So recommend it...um NO. It was expensive and the flavor could of been way better. Brenda tells me her and Susan have a great wine for me to try....Helloooooooooo Susan or Brenda, bring it on!

Had to take this picture because Rules were made to be broken....smile

Okay...maybe we know that a stream room and wine don't mix but you know what....THEY DO! We sat in the stream room sweating like the horses in the

summer and loved it!

Okay...have to tell you about the "top shelf comment". So Bren and I are enjoying ourselves at the western pub in Banff. (okay I was the only chick in there with a hat or multi tool...) Anywho....Bren and I like tequilia and so I said to the bartender "Top shelf please...." Five minutes later...Bren said "um Ter those drinks were well over $10.00 a piece." WHAT???? "I asked...." So we asked why it was so much....yep..ole Terri asked for "top shelf stuff..." and ummmmm it was $13.00 per shot! ouch.... now the on going joke is "Top Shelf". Oh....from now on..top shelf, cuz where we come from if we say "top shelf, its cheaper cuz no one can reach the top shelf....". Means top shelf, blow the dust off it must be the bad stuff sitting up here....smile! That is what I am use to....but this Wednesday's Wine tasting I recommend a stream room!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There I was, sitting with my good friend Rodney Strong, awaiting a phone call, a text, smoke signals ...... poor little YaYa, had to drink alone..... LOL!!

Terri McKinney said...

Oh man.....k when I get home let's have a date with your good friend Rodney. Heard so much about him....and sorry couldn't start a fire in Calgary, had to shop!

Anonymous said...

Uh oh Rodney .... please stay. No! don't go ..... oh no .... Rodney is all gone. Bye Bye Rodney.

It's okay Terri, I've got Rodney's other brother Rodney waiting for ya. Call me when you're around!!

YYS

Terri McKinney said...

I better bring my own Rodney cuz I figure YYS that Rodney will be gone from your house...smile! Hope my Rodney makes the trip to your house...smile! Can't wait to meet Rodney by the way. (oh for everyone out there Rodney Strong is a wine...)