Saturday, November 7, 2009

Brenda and Scott go for a ride...

Well yesterday Brenda and I had planned to meet early at her ranch, load up some horses and head to the hills. The weather was forecast to be +14C and sunny. When I left my house, there was an ugly cloud to the northwest but I didn't think much of it. By the time I turned off on Brenda's road, it had started to rain and the wind was howling. 2 minutes later when I got to her house, it was a full fledged blizzard! We sat in her dining room and within 15 minutes the window was covered with snow. We couldn't see outside anymore so we decided to go for a tour. Took my truck past Bragg Creek and down to Little Elbow...driving by the spot we were GOING to ride. On the way we played tourist at Elbow Falls (see video). The roads were super icy so pulling a trailer of horses was not a good idea. By the time we got back to Bragg Creek though, the roads were starting to clear up. So we raced back to the ranch, loaded up and headed out for a ride. Initially the trails were great - most of the snow had melted. The further we rode the more snow we had to negotiate, and the previous night's winds had taken down a few trees - obstacles! Brenda was riding Slim, and I rode Dale. Check out the video for that one too!

No comments: