Thursday, March 12, 2009

March's CONTEST!



Good morning! Okay the contest came to me last week when Peso the horse I was riding left me and I started hiking through the deep snow. Within a few steps I figured out how out of shape I was (deep breathing wanting to lay down...you know!)smile...Anywho, as I am gettting all the horses in shape for spring, I thought "what about me?" With the season just around corner I thought I can make this into a contest too and than we all win. Both Brenda, Scott and myself will try to do it as well. Our Lone Horse Camp is 40km (25miles) away from our base camp. I thought we should pretend to walk to camp! The contest is, try to walk 40km by the end of this month, starting TOMMOROW. That gives us 19 DAYS! This will be on an honor system, so if you walk 1/2km or 4km mark it down and than talley them at the end. Anyone who makes the 40km by the end of March will put into the barrel and I will draw a name April 1st. You win-> getting in shape (smile) and the winner will receive 1 day free in any of our August Pack Trips (value of $200.00!) You must email me a picture of where you walk, you walking, you on your treadmill or you tired so I can blog it. Okay folks let's work together and get back in shape for summer, blow the dust of your treadmill, dig in the pile of shoes for a pair of runners and let's walk! Brenda gave me the ugh, Scott thought it was cool and I as anyone who rides with me knows "why walk when you can ride?". But let's get at er.....yee haw! Email me w2outfitting@yahoo.ca to let me know your going to walk, I will check in on you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soo not into that! LOL I will be riding, not walking ha ha ha But I promise to put on at least that many kms on horseback!

YYD

Anonymous said...

hey, if one yaya does it we all have to do it! isn't there a saying like, "all for one, one for.....", aagghh, nevermind, it was a stupid saying anyways... let's pick one yy to do it for everyone. i pick....SUSAN!

YYB

Anonymous said...

Ya Ya's get yer a)*&^) moving! 2 ya ya's are doing it and YYD, yah I can ride too but miles to make. Never mind your a buck ten anyways, keep riding..need any colts? smile Tommorow is the big day....yep walking to Lone Horse YEE HAW! good on ya YYB

YYT

Terri McKinney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri McKinney said...

Oh and I pick Ya Ya Susan as well to do it for us...than Bren & I don't have to..No we really do! I wouldn't vote for Rachel, Lil or Andrea as they would beat us or make us do something stupid like jump in cold lake...ack!

Terri McKinney said...

so when you delete your own comment what does that mean...never mind it posted that as well! hee hee YA YA runners mount up er I mean strap yer shoes on were going hiking...hee hee. BUT good idea the riding thing YYD for April contest...smile

Anonymous said...

TAke one for the team my a$$!!! Like the YaYa trip, we're all in it - literally! My son got me out snowshoeing yesterday and he's hanging over my back now waiting for more. Yesterday was the first time I've ever tried it and holy honking thigh work! I made it all the way down the driveway and back ...stopping at the shop at the end of the driveway for a coke ...seriously contemplating the beer that was in there. So, now off I go ... I should get double walk miles for this! My hubby is all for it. I'm thinking this is a good thing to do , cuz you never know when you might be stupid enough to let your horse go for a walk ... and you'd need to be able to get back home on you're own feet. Something to think about next time you look for cowboy boots! Strap on the shoes ladies! Game on!

YYS

Terri McKinney said...

Game on...who will be the first Ya Ya on foot to Lone Horse....we might have a sideline bet here! THink about it a Ya Ya's...

Terri...now I am motivated. thanks!