Saturday, December 20, 2008

Driving through Arizona we meet Darrel!

We stopped for lunch in the desert and Darrel came walking out of the desert. It was like a movie...he was selling necklaces his sister had made. We had a good chat with him, he was Navajo and Hopi. Hopi Indians are from the Grand Canyon, I am currently reading all about the Grand Canyon. When we come back down here, we have to ride or hike the Grand Canyon! When we were ready to leave I asked Darrel if he wanted to come on back to Alberta. He smiled and walked back into the desert. I am currently wearing a new necklace. smile

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love reading your blog! awsome trip! Jay, my hubby, is from that neck of the woods, the navajo reservation, so glad to see the beautiful photos! thanks for sharing - a beautiful trip for sure..
Tracey and Jay
Katawasin Performance Horses

Terri McKinney said...

Hi Tracey,

Good to hear from you Tracey owns the amazing Clayboy stallion, the sire of my best mare Jessie and my new yearling stud! I guess my question now that I just got home to -25. Why are you here, and not there???? smile

Anonymous said...

Good question! lol, our goal is to become snow birds when the kids are all grown... :-) Glad to hear your back safe and sound, enjoy you xmas!

Terri McKinney said...

Hi,

SNOW BIRDS is the way to go now that I have gone down there and seen all of them. Life is short and the sun is hot down there. I am currently mapping a course so I can go down there with the horses & train down there each year for a few months. For folks just wanting to go down there, you can have fancy R.V. parks or you can camp in the desert for only a couple hundred dollars a year! I asked & no horses allowed. But something to look into, Yuma was way hotter than San Diego. Did I mention I am still cold...smile thanks for you comment!