Wednesday, December 9, 2009

W2 Wednesday Wine Tasting...


Evening everyone! Well Wednesday's wine tasting was jinxed from last week is the way I figure...so I put up this soothing picture I took on the way to the hummingbird, it was a stunning sunset!
Last week we were bringing home Wednesday wine as it is the BEST wine I have ever tasted thus far in my travels. Well it didn't make the trip and than to top it off I left it in the hotel room without writing down what it was...ACK! Frantic call to my cousin Redge who introduced me and he is not home.
So after shopping today with my sick child in tow sleeping in every isle she could. I remember it was Wednesday and stopped off to buy wine. I strolled frantically looking for this bottle of wine as I knew I would remember the label...um NOPE. So disappointed I found Ya Ya Susan's & Brenda's new favorite and GRABBED it. After some thought new that would break a ton of Ya Ya rules so put it back! I randomly grabbed a bottle from South Africa. Oh wait it gets worst....I get home open the door all the dogs and wine comes out...didn't break but later wished it did! I try to open it the cork breaks...oh boy dry cork is not a good sign. So I proceed to try to corkscrew the rest out nope...have to push it in. I do so and wine all over my floor and new socks. And the smell from the wine bottle is not good. I giggle thinking "here we go!" I grab my glass from the bar mis-step and it breaks...should of gone to bed! First taste....wasn't bad. Second....bad. Third....down the drain. Okay I have a mission to find out what that wine was for next week cuz holy crap it was GOOD! Hope you all had a better night. Oh it was called ROODENBERG......DON"T BUY IT EVER!
Brenda I am glad your home...YEE HAW!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO - sorry about your luck. I sat by the fire with my friend Rodney .... he's such a good friend!! You really need to meet him!!

YYS

Kj said...

I had left half a bottle of little penguin in the fridge for you. But then went and stole it back and drank it later in the week... :)

Kj said...

oh and where did you find wine glasses in that place?! or did you bring your own supply? I couldn't find one that was bigger than 2 oz and that is definitely not big enough. So water glasses it was... :)

Terri McKinney said...

Well...tonight after pouring out the horrible wine I thought I will try the white I bought yesterday. Chuck opened it and broke the top. I am buying the cabin a good corkscrew...think I am jinxed here! Oh and Susan...Rodney was in my hand for about 3 minutes till I thought I can't even try that without you and Bren. PROUD OF ME!!!

Kj said...

oh yes... i forgot about the decrepid cork screw... I had to get the veteran wine opener to open it, she does it for a living and she couldn't do it. Good thing she carried a good one in her purse for those reasons...