Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!


I've been meaning to post this picture for a couple weeks...finally getting around to it. I finally got out for a REAL ride. With some help from my friend Laura, we got Belle saddled. I sat on the tailgate of my truck to groom her and do up the cinches and bridle. The tailgate is a perfect 'step' for getting up on her too, when you can only use one leg! We got a good ride in...the only dicey part was going through the tight spots in the trees - the cast on my leg sticks out and I was a bit nervous about catching my leg on a tree. After a few minutes Belle figured it out - "give the trees on the right side an extra six inches!" - she did great.
This last weekend Terri, her daughter, and Wrangler Heidi spent the weekend at my place - sure was great to have company after being cooped up in the house for so long! We had a great time - you'll see from Terri's blog - and I'll be cleaning up after them for weeks to come (just kidding)!

You'll see in this picture...NO CASTS! I was lucky enough to have them removed after 5 weeks. The joints are really stiff, and I have an aircast for the leg, but we're getting closer!

Well it is Christmas Eve, so to everyone reading the blog tonight - Merry Christmas!

Scott, Ty & Belle.

No comments: