Friday, December 11, 2009

Pumping up the Adrenaline!

So, YEAH!!!!!, I'm home!!!! Despite the weather it always feels good to be home. And it was so great to see the dogs. Nothing like UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!!! I love them!
So other than the weather, I'm really noticing another big difference between L.A. and rural Alberta..... Putting this dang blog up is taking me forever! 5 pics downloaded in L.A. took merely minutes. At home, 3 pics took at leat 15 minutes! Let alone 5...! So I hope you're appreciating....! :O

So, needless to say, things got a little busy and I didn't keep up with my blogging while on my vacation/honeymoon. So here's some more pics!

On Sunday, my brother, my neice, Guy and I went to Knott's Berry Farms. Bigger rides. SCARIER RIDES!! Whaahoooo!!!! We were all looking forward to this day! Anyone who's already been there knows what I'm talking about! The wimps stayed back at the hotel...! :)

This is the very first ride we went on. It's an old style roller coaster named "GHOSTRIDER."
We thought, "Agh, we'll start off with something easy. The slow, old one." Boy were we wrong!


This coaster was one of the best with the most drops and stomach flippers in the park! It is known as the longest, wildest wooden coaster in the west! The only downfall was that it was SO rough. You really got jerked around. AND... I lost my favourite pink camo, Bass Pro Shop ball cap. I pouted about that for a while. Left the hat on though because the ride was going to be so slow and boring! Yeah, right....!



This was the next one. The PONY EXPRESS. It's only 32 seconds long, but is different because it locks you in a forward position. Takes you from 0-38 mph in less than 3 seconds. Guy and I sat right in the front to get best effect from the turns!




Can anyone say, "jackass?" Guy suggested we go on the tube ride called, "BIGFOOT RAPIDS," despite the cool, sunless day. Well, of course, he's the only one who didn't get wet.
Check us out!











Well yeah.....we HAD to relive our youth and go on the BUMPER CARS! I think they slowed them down since I was young.....





This was one of our favourite rides. It's called, "THE SILVER BULLET." A good loop-de-loop, feel the g-force, roller coaster that you ride with your feet suspended. It includes a verticle loop of 105 ft. The picture does it no justice.






This one was fun. Sorry I don't have a very good picture. It's called, "MONTEZUMAS REVENGE." Basically you have one long track with a loop in the middle. It start off accelerating you from 0-55mph in 5 seconds, through the loop and straight up in the air. When you're going up there you see nothing but sky, no track, nothing. Then you go backwards through the same loop and up the other end. A good rush!




This is the one we were most disappointed about. It was on our MUST DO! list but was closed. Called the "XCELERATOR," it shoots you straight up 205 ft in the air at a speed of 0-80 mph in 2.3 seconds. Can you imagine?! Then you take a sharp turn on the outside of the track and head straight down. Now that's adrenaline!







This was one of our last rides. Everyone was going to wimp out on me until I declared that I was going on it no matter what. Guy, not wanting to be outdone by me, then consented to go. It's called, "THE SUPREME SCREAM," and is one of the world's tallest thrill rides. You are belted in and taken to 250 feet, (25 stories) and then dropped. Almost comparable to sky diving but not quite! I had to check my restraint device a couple of times though as we climbed higher and higher! Quite the view!



In an old cemetary. You stand on this guy's grave and you can feel his heart beat...



Posing in the coffin. Notice Guy, the appropriate newly married one, is crying. My brother on the other hand......

More to come.....
YYB

No comments: