Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The best thing about friends visiting.....


One of the best things about friends visiting....is that you can get SO many horses rode! I know y'all know what I mean! :) I don't know how many times I said to Terri, "it's sure fun watching you do the work!" And it gives me a chance to get behind the camera!



Here's Terri riding one of my main horses this winter, Steel. Very kind eye, great mover, 16.1 h, can take him anywhere! He's seen the miles in the pack string last year and been through everything!






You gotta cross the river...






hills and banks....



great stride...

over jumps...





learning about flexion...





having some fun with the steers!



The end of the day. Opening and shutting gates.
We have Steel currently for sale. Including his riding this winter, Steel has seen more miles than most green colts because he was used all last season packing too. All this work really matures the mind! Steel is so easy to get along with and carries his heart on his sleeve. We want him to go to a loving home with someone who is going to use him. He has the athleticism go in any direction, western or english. You can contact us if you're interested.
Oh...and thanks Terri....! :)
Brenda

3 comments:

Terri McKinney said...

I really enjoyed riding him and Salty Brenda...I am free next week!! Lesson or two and sick cow chase...oh wait not free Tues/Wed going to Dawns for team penning and round penning, let me know! Oh and remind me to ALWAYS WEAR MY HAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

wher's the pics of you rolling in the mud

Terri McKinney said...

Too dry down south for mud...come on up to Rocky here we have mud!! and Scott I know its you!