Wednesday, February 11, 2009

We lost a good cowboy...




Leroy was a good friend and one heck of a good teamster. He was out at our camp alot and everyone who met Leroy will remember him and his jokes & laugh! His funeral was exactly what he would of wanted with the good country music, jokes told by friends and a very relaxed atmosphere. You will be missed Leroy our friend. We are going to honor Leroy & Terry at our sale in the fall...
Here is the poem...A COWBOY'S LAST REQUEST by Terry Boe Clanton
Let me tell you folks
Who have gathered here today
That I am a proud & thankful cowboy
Who has passed away.
I know its hard
But please don't cry
For now I am riding God's trails
High up in the sky
The hoss I am riding now
Don't spook, buck or kick
For God stables perfect horses
And now I have the pic!
Lord please forgive me of all of my sins
For I haven't been perfect
But I know that he who believes in you
Forever wins
I have lived a good life
A cowboys dream come true
Thank you Lord
Fer now I'am ready to ride into eternity
Me, my horse & you.

1 comment:

chef Rachel said...

We will miss his visits and the jokes and stories, and he always had a lot of them. I will never forget the day he turned up at the womens retreat all doodied up and then on our way back he and his little grulla gelding ended up swimming when we crossed the Clearwater. That old gentleman sure had some pretty good cuss words. RIP