Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Terri dislocates her arm in the practice pen!


We headed up to Bonnyville to practice with Ken Mckinney and Clay for our competition on the weekend. On the way up we stop off at Coles Western Wear in Vegreville, he sponosors 1st for our competition! Thank you Daryl and Pam. From there we headed to Lafond to Lebreque Tack Shack, I bought gear and he gave us great items for the charity auction. We rolled into Ken's and unloaded the horses and the dogs. We sold Jake to Ken as he is a cowboy horse not a Wild Deuce horse. Ken and Clay will be in charge of a grazing reserve this summer and the horses they have in the sale will have alot of miles. I also got to meet the horses and take a look at http://www.northernhorse.com/ for them from Ken and Clay. The next day we hauled the horses to the feed yard and worked cattle all day. I rode my awesome mare Jessie and Chuck rode his gelding Ben (who is in the sale). We roped, Ken taught us some new tricks, neighbors came out to meet us and all was good till. I was working my dog and Jessie fell on ice, down we went and out popped my shouder. I dislocated it and was knocked out to have it put in...thank God. Jessie was so kind to me as after it happened I couldn't move and when she got up she stepped around me. She than never moved and lowered her head. You can't put a price on that...Here is picture of my sling...ack!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Horrible injury, cant hardly do a thing, the simplest thing becomes a monumental undertaking and sometimes down right embarrasing, just try to put on clothes or pull up your undies (if you wear them) with one hand, or perform other chores of a personal nature one handed, there are a few things that can be done one handed and none of them are nice. Hopefully there are loved ones and good friends that you can trust to lend a helping hand, without them busting a gut laughing and poking fun at your disability,(beleive me they will sooner or later)
I have been there done that and have given Terri some sage advice, hopefully she listens or will end up a crippled, miserable, cantankerous, old fart like me.
See you all in the summer if not sooner.

all the best your new official poisoner RACHEL

Terri McKinney said...

never mind and your right!