Thursday, October 2, 2008

We leave tommorow for the Mountains!


Hey everyone, we were busy this morning. We have a couple of unbroke 4 year old bays, we halter broke and put in the round pen this morning. One of them will be going out west with us. We have a total of 8 head going with us, I can't wait to get back home. I know it will be colder but the quiet, smell of pine and riding when all you hear is the bugels of the bull elk is where I want to be. When I get to cell service I will be blogging, so keep checking back. I have Brenda on strict orders to keep in touch with you as well. Brenda will be traveling around as well. She is heading up to help Ken Mckinney round up cattle for a week, than I am not sure where she is headed . I do know we will both be all dressed up and at the CFR this November for 9 days. Speaking of which I better get us booked in....smile. Here is picture of Brians, our judges big bull elk. Our last trip out, I went to jingle the horses early and I looked across the meadow. There stood a 5 point elk, he wandered over to where I was catching the horses and just watched me. There was few clouds in the sky and the sun was just coming up. Behind him was saw tooth mountain and the colors were of blue, purple and pink. It would of been a prized picture, but didn't have my camera. This next month, I am packing my camera every where I go!

No comments: